Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday:The Friday Society


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by breaking the spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
The Friday Society
by Adrienne Kress
Expected Publication:  December 6th 2012 by Dial
440 pages

From Goodreads:  An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all

Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.


My Thoughts: 
Reasons why I want to read this book:
A)It's got three badass girls on the cover.
B)It's steampunkkk!!!! ;)
C)The blurb's goooood. ^.^
So to sum it all up,I have a good feeling about this ^^. Sounds a bit like The Three Musketeers,with a steampunk twist,and of course the badass heroines,and altogether this looks as if it's going to be one heck of a story! XD I don't know about you guys but I used to love watching Totally Spies on Disney Channel and therefore this book sounds like the perfect read for me!
So what's your WoW pick this week?Leave the link to your post in comments so that I can check it out and add it to my TBR pile!(Not that my TBR pile isn't already huge!-_-)

4 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love a good steampunk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really does sound like a rollicking good story!! I've been wanting to get started on reading Steampunk, so I'm adding this one to my TBR! Thanks for sharing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great read! I'm adding it to my TBR as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Steampunk! This sounds really good. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!