Wednesday, August 01, 2012

My Book Boyfriend(5): Romeo


My Book Boyfriend is a  weekly meme, hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
Here is how My Book Boyfriend works:
On Wednesdays, make a post about a fictional boy that totally made you swoon! In your post, make sure you include your book boyfriend’s stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that had you at hello. Credit the book and please include page numbers when you can.

So my book boyfriend this week is Romeo from Romeo Redeemed by Stacie Jay. To those who are not familiar with this book,Romeo Redeemed is the sequel to Stacie Jay's Juliet Immortal.In this series,Stacie Jay portrays a world where Shakespeare's famous love story Romeo and Juliet is a lie.I know,sounds good,right!But don't get too excited.Romeo Redeemed is going to be out in October but I was able to get my hands on an ARC thanks to Netgalley.Well,now enough with the rambling.Let's get on to Romeo.Now why am I so obsessed with him?Here's your answer:





















And to be honest,I'm not usually into mushy covers but the colours in this one just draws you in.Plus Romeo looks totally hot! ;)  Now the girl kissing him?That's another story.All I care for now is that she's got her hands all over my Romeo!!!And it's practically killing me!!! :'(
Here's a paragraph from the book which had me swooning:
"You're stealing."
"I'm appropriating." 
"We're underage."
"Which is why I have to appropriate rather than buy this bottle.The shortsighted laws restricting teenage drinking have forced me into this," I say."It's the Man you should be angry with,Ariel.I am innocent."
She lifts a wry brow. "Innocent isn't a word I'd use."
"What word would you use?Wait-"I hold up a hand between us. "Don't answer that.Not until you've had a glass of wine and think I'm pretty again." 

You still have more than a month until Romeo Redeemed comes out.So meanwhile, try out Juliet Immortal.I promise that it won't disappoint. :) 





8 comments:

  1. I loved Juliet Immortal but I had no idea a sequel was nearly out, I'm going to have to rush over to Netgalley now!

    P.s I'm a new follower now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach! How have I not heard of this! I'm a sucker for anything Bard related... this sounds like a great premise for a series -- will definitely have to check it out! Thanks for the tip, Nobonita! Nice to "meet" you through MBB this week! ~serena @ Edgy Inspirational Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena!Nice to meet you too!Glad you like my tip! ;)

      Delete
  3. A 3 month wait?! How could you do this to me?! LOL

    You're so right about that cover! The guy... totally HOT, but why are his lips all over someone who isn't me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right! :'( .....Wait a second.Hey!It should be me,not you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliet Immortal is on my wishlist! I'll need to check it out so I can be ready for Romeo Redeemed when it comes out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. asdjfaksdjfakdf THIS IS ON NETGALLEY?!
    WHAT.
    I must go scour the website for this!
    I liked Juliet Immortal, but Romeo was by far my favorite characters. I'm so glad he's getting a sequel! Great pick! :)
    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously LOVE this guy! Those quotes definitely have me needing to read this right now. Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-book-boyfriend-20-oren.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!